When the crypto bubble bursts and the dust settles, who will remain as the solid, long term players? I think that is to be seen but from a technology standpoint, blockchain has critical issues for scaling. There are some players trying to make the blockchain more efficient, but the wall is inevitable. The best bet for the future is not in blockchain, but the technology that has solved all of blockchain's issues - that is IOTA's Tangle. I've presented to the IOTA Foundation that they should:
- Create their own Ripple competitor. With no fees or scaling issues, IOTA is far better. They could create a fork or inflate IOTA itself. Game changer.
- Create an easy to use Ethereum competitor based on Tangle. A purpose built website for this task. Get millions around the globe using IOTA, creating new uses for it. Get's people excited and makes IOTA more relevant.
- Get countries to create their own crypto version of currency based on Tangle.
- Marketing, marketing, marketing! I'll bet most industries that would move to IOTA don't even know they exist. If they understood blockchain's issues, they would not consider any blockchain over Tangle.
- Whatever the others are doing, Tangle can do better. IOTA just needs to offer their own version.
Blockchain's days are limited, when the financial and other industries wake up to the fact the IOTA's Tangle is far superior. I believe IOTA is the best 'investment' in this space. In fact it may be the only real investment in this space, while all others are more spec plays.
Is IOTA finally breaking free on its own? Hope so, I've been trying to market the positives in areas big money is monitoring. This is not a pump n dump play like the majority of cryptos, IOTA's tech is real (along with a few others). When the washout occurs, there will be a few players standing, IOTA will most likely be one of them. In the actual blockchain tech, Cardano (ADA) and NEM (XEM) seem like the standouts, as they have probably maxed out what blockchain can do?
With the trading volume that the rest of the world and other exchanges produce, I think this whole coinbase thing is over-rated.