Subsequently, some wave counts have had to be adjusted but in conjunction with other forms of TA it seems we could be completing an and should be on the watch for intermediate trend change with only limited upside remaining.
Summary of note:
1. Wave A of October low is in 5 minor waves.
2. A deep retracement to Jan 2017 low in previously was seen as part of triangle correction wave B. However now it seems that wave B completed at Jan 2017 low.
3. Wave C should develop in 5 minor waves. We note this being the case with wave 4 as running flat, ie wave “b” travels beyond the origin of wave “a” and wave “c” stops short of wave “b” low. A running flats formation generally suggest stronger price to follow in the direction of the larger trend..
4. We are in wave 5 of C and so far could have minor waves i to iii complete.
5. We might drift sideways to lower and with BOE’s Rate Decision and Statement due on Thursday, could be rather quite.
6. Rates are likely to remain at current level but associated comments might spark another rally in GBPUSD .
7. Regardless, it is anticipated that to complete this cycle we need minor wave v of 5 of C to complete.
8. There are various possibilities for upside target to complete the cycle
9. Under Wave equality:
a. Wave A x 1.618 = Wave C = 1.3300
b. Wave A x 1.786 = Wave C = 1.3443
c. Wave 5 = Wave 1 x 100% = 1.3500
d. Wave 5 = Wave 1- 3 x 0.5 = 1. 3300
e. Wave 5 = Wave 1-3 x 0.618 = 1.3432
f. Above that, we have structural resistance being the spike low if 2009 at 1.35
Commitment of Traders data show that large speculators have been net short for the entire rally and recently started to increase their position suggesting some upside from here is very likely – see chart below.
A. Short term traders should look to buy weakness during the next week or 2 till we reach the termination of this cycle
B. Longer term traders should be on the look out for termination of this rally around the 1.34 -1.35 zone and consider short position on confirmation with usual money management.
C. Upon completion of this cycle we could anticipate a significant retracement towards 1.27 -1.28 area
D. Seasonally, GBPUSD remains strong till end of September - http://charts.equityclock.com/british-po...
Warning: This is my interpretation of price action using TA approach which I consider helps me the most, but could be completely wrong. Therefore, as always, do your own analysis for your trade requirement and ignore my views.
For those who appreciate my analysis, select to follow me and the chart for notification of future updates. Indicate you like my analysis by thumbs up, comments and sharing it with others. If you have an alternative idea, then please be constructive and share for all to learn from.
Thank you for taking the time to read my analysis.
Overall still has some way to go before completing the cycle.
Otherwise a clean break below 1.3460 would suggest the cycle has already completed. Here is the chart with these adjustments -
Confirmation would be on breakdown below 1.3450 but is it work keeping an eye for further clues.
Q1). what is "TA" you mentioned that's of most help? Ans. Combination of Elliottwaves, and traditional technical analysis such as trendlines, channels, pitchfork, momentum oscillators, fibonacci, etc.
Q2). in between wave 3 & 4, there is a spike higher than wave 3 (for my limited knowledge, I don't have any spike high in between wave 3 & 4, I always choose the highest close as Wave 3?
Ans. You are correct that most of the time swing high for wave 3 is the highest point. However, there are cases where you have either an expanded or running flats, wave B travels beyond the origin of wave A. IN such cases the highest point is wave B of 4 and not wave 3 its self.